Sing Rock Newsletter
8th Sept 2016
- We are raising money for Garden House Hospice in memory of Trish Alderman who was one of our first Sing Rockers and sadly passed away recently.
- Please bring all song sheets to each rehearsal – you can use your sheets at the gigs if you need to. You still need to be very familiar with the words use the sheets as a guide.
- 27th October – End of term gig is at the Coach & Horses in Stevenage Old Town.
Singing & Performing Tips:
- Learn your words – We can’t stress enough how important this is and you will feel better if that’s one less thing to think about.
- Posture – Stand tall, shoulders relaxed and head held high!
- Breathe from your diaphragm i.e your lower chest and not your upper chest.
- Breath Control: We do the counting exercise to help you slowly release breath from your diaphragm at a controlled pace so just practice this and try and remember why we are doing it.
- Voice Projection: Open your mouth as wide as you can & put as much effort into your singing as possible, even if you are unsure of the words, it’s better to make a sound at the right pitch than do nothing at all.
Sing Rock T-shirts £14 available on website or speak to Sam or Martin
CD’s with your song parts – £5. Can be done each term